ZTE’s Nubia brand just announced the Nubia X, the company’s latest smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.26-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with minimal bezels, 93.6% screen-body ratio and no notch since it doesn’t have a front camera, and a secondary 5.1-inch HD+ AMOLED screen that blends into the glass body. It is patentend for eye protection with a separate mode. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with AI scene recognition, dual-tone LED flash along with a secondary 24-megapixel camera.
Since there is a screen on the back, you can use the rear display to capture selfies. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB of RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with nubia UI 6.0. It has fingerprint sensor on both the sides so it is suitable for both the right and left handers. It packs a 3800mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging.
Nubia X specifications
- 6.26-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) 19:9 FHD+ In-Cell 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 5.1-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) 19:9 AMOLED 2.5D curved glass secondary display with 96% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1)internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with nubia UI 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.6 inch CMOS sensor, 1.22µm pixel size, PDAF, 24MP secondary rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Dual side-mounted fingerprint sensors
- Dimensions: 154.1×73.30×8.4mm; Weight: 181g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Nubia X starts at 3299 yuan 3399 yuan (US$ 473 / Rs. 34,960 approx.) for the 6GB + 64GB Gray and Black with Gold colors, Blue version of it costs 3399 yuan (US$ 487 / Rs. 36,000 approx.). The 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version in Gray and Black with Gold version costs 3699 yuan (US$ 530 / Rs. 39,195 approx.), while the Blue version costs 3799 (US$ 544 / Rs. 40,255 approx.). The top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version in Black with Gold color variant costs 4199 yuan (US$ 602 / Rs. 44,490 approx.), while the Blue with Gold version costs 4299 yuan (US$ 616 / Rs. 45,540 approx.). It will be available for order from today and goes on sale in China from November 5th.