Xiaomi’s Black Shark just announced the Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone, successor of the Black Shark in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.01-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR support even in games with independent image processing chip, is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC with up to 10GB RAM, two liquid cooling pipes to keep the phone cool when gaming by reducing the CPU’s core temperature by up to 12-degree, compared to 8-degree in the predecessor.
The fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back. There is a glowing RGB logo on the back with AI game lighting that changes depending on the game. It has a metal back shell that also combines 3D glass with condensed ridge line offering a three-dimensional look. It has ‘X-style’ unique antenna design with WIFI antenna on the side. Cameras and battery remain same as the predecessor.
It has a dedicated two-stage SHARK key that provides immersive gaming experience. In addition to the standard detachable left gamepad like the predecessor, this has a right gamepad with a tochpad that can be controlled at the same time.
The company teased dual hand joystic case with dual fans for additional cooling and naked-eye 3D protective case at the event.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo specifications
- 6.01-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 100% NTSC color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 10GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Joy UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 20MP rear camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Front Speakers
- Two-stag SHARK key for high performance gaming mode
- Dimensions: 160×75.25x 8.7mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Black Shark Helo is priced at 3199 yuan (US$ 416 / Rs. 33,920 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3499 yuan (US$ 504 / Rs. 37,100 approx.) and the top-end 10GB RAM with 256GB storage version with both right and left gamepads costs 4199 yuan (US$ 605 / Rs. 44,520 approx.). It will be available for order from today and will go on sale in China from October 30th.