Huawei’s Honor brand along with the Honor 8X also announced the Honor 8X Max in China. It has a 7.12-inch Full HD+ display with narrow bezels and 90.5% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 660 or 636 with up to 6GB of RAM, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, AI scene recognition, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots. It has an 8-megapixel front camera.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, packs a 5000mAh battery with support for reverse charging to charge other phones, as well as 9V/2A fast charging.
Honor 8X Max specifications
- 7.12-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 72% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU / 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 177.57×86.24×8.13mm; Weight: 210g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh(typ) / 4900mAh (min) battery with fast charging
The Honor 8X Max comes in Black, Blue and Red colors, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 219 / Rs. 15,745 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 1799 yuan (US$ 263 / Rs. 18,900 approx.). It is available for order and goes on sale from September 11th in China. The Snapdragon 660 version with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage will go on sale in October.