Huawei’s Honor brand just announced the Honor 8X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China. It has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with a 4.25mm narrow chin and 91% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 710 SoC with 6GB of RAM, has a 20-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, AI scene recognition that can identify up to 500 scenes, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots. It has a 16-megapixel front camera with 4-in-1 pixel binning technology and AI beautify.
It also has 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match up to 30 different senses promising more realistic game scene experience. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor 8X specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 20MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP secondary camera, 480 fps slow-mo recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.4×76.6×7.8mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Honor 8X comes in Black, Blue, Red and Purple colors, is priced at 1399 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 14,695 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1599 yuan (US$ 234 / Rs. 16,795 approx.) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1899 yuan (US$ 278 / Rs. 19,950 approx.). It is available for order and goes on sale from September 11th.