Micromax’s YU has officially launched the YU ACE, the company’s latest budget smartphone, as it had promised. It has a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by a MediaTek MT6739 SoC with up to 3GB RAM, runs Android 8.0 (Oreo), has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera with LED flash and face unlock.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, and packs a 4000 mAh battery.
YU ACE specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM ( nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The YU ACE comes in Charcoal Grey, Elektric Blue and Rose Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 5999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 6999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart starting September 6th.
Commenting on the launch, Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer, Micromax Informatics said:
We are extremely excited to launch a phone that we strongly believe is a gamechanger in the Sub 6K category. The YU ACE is a product that speaks for itself – with features and specifications that are the best in this category, it gives consumers a chance to ‘Play God’ by making themselves experience the best of technology. At Micromax, we have always stood for democratizing technology for the masses and that is exactly the aim with which we constantly innovate and create products that truly understand the needs of our consumers. YU, being an extension of our beliefs, has envisioned to empower users to enable them to do more with technology than they thought possible.