HTC has announced U12 Life, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone ahead of IFA, as expected. It has a 6-inch Full HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by Snapdragon 636 with 4GB of RAM, has a 16-megapixel rear camera along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture portrait shots, Dual LED display, along with a 13-megapixel front camera with LED flash.
It has a dual finish featuring soft, subtle stripes on an acrylic glass unibody with a metal-like design, fingerprint sensor on the back. It can withstand scratches, says the company. It packs a 3600mAh battery.
HTC U12 Life specifications
- 6-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (UFS2.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with HTC Sense
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.4 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh (typical) / 3500mAh (minimum) battery
The HTC U12 Life comes in Moonlight Blue and Twilight Purple colors is priced at £300 (US$ 390 / Rs. 27,620 approx.) in UK and will roll out in Europe, Asia and the Middle East in late September.