Coolpad has launched Mega 5A, the company’s latest smartphone in the Mega series as an India exclusive offline product. It has a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by quad-core Spreadtrum SC9850K processor with 2GB RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), has an 8-megapixel rear camera with flash along with a secondary 0.3-megapixel camera for portrait shots and a 5-megapixel camera on the front with support for face unlock.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, features dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slot and packs a 2500mAh battery.
Coolpad Mega 5A specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio 2.5D Curved Glass display
- 1.3GHz Quad-core Spreadtrum SC9850K processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 0.3MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The Coolpad Mega 5A comes in Golden color, is priced at Rs. 6999 and is available through offline stores from today, 16th August 2018 across 8 states; Delhi NCR, Haryana, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Commenting on the launch, Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India, said:
Coolpad is committed to offer best in class products, feature rich products that are priced right. Running on 8.1 Android Oreo , with a great screen display and a powerful battery life, Coolpad Mega 5A will set another industry benchmark which is tough to match. We have adopted an aggressive channel expansion strategy with offline channel as our primary focus area. India is a key market for Coolpad, and we will be launching a range of products that will cater to wider audience base.