Huawei’s Honor brand just launched the Honor Play, the company’s latest gaming-centric smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced in China last month, packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with a notch and a 89% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 970 10nm processor with 6GB of RAM, NPU as well as GPU Turbo graphics processing acceleration technology that increases graphics processing efficiency of mobile phones for smoother and faster mobile experience, especially for mobile games.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition that can detect over 500 scenes and the 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots. The 16-megapixel front camera uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It has a metal back and packs a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
The gaming experience is AI-enabled for total immersion. The 4D gaming experience includes not only graphics and 3D audio effects, but AI vibration customized games and matched to in-game objects and scenarios. AI real-time image and audio recognition is enabled for 30 different scenario 10 different vibrations, according to the direction of approaching enemies or gunfire, and users will even feel the kickback as you pull the trigger.
Histen 3D audio technology offers an ultra-wide 3D sound field for users. This virtual surround sound offers a cinematic experience with four modes: near, front, wide and grand. This is supported by both wire earphones and headphones with 3D stereo effect.
Honor Play specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, EIS, secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel Histen audio
- Dimensions: 157.91×74.27×7.84mm; Weight: 176g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Honor Play comes in Midnight Black and Navy Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 19,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 23,999, undercutting the price it was launched in China. It will go on sale exclusively on Amazon.in and Honor official store starting from 4PM today, August 6th.
- Extra savings on EMI transactions with Axis Card.
- 120 GB of free data for a period of 12 months to Vodafone customers with recharge with Rs. 199 or above. 10GB free data extra for 12 months on any Vodafone RED plan starting Rs. 399 and 1 year Amazon Prime for postpaid customers
Commenting on the launch, P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said:
With a clear focus on design, innovation and seamless experience, Honor is expanding its influence globally as well as in India. Honor will keep surprising and delighting the young generation with its stylish design, superior performance and unique features, setting new trends and redefining accessibility. The launch of Honor Play marks the beginning of innovative technology with Kirin 970 and AI technology, making consumers shift from smartphones to “Intelligent phones”. Marked as a true performance device, the Honor Play will be the most affordable performance device with flagship specs available to the Indian consumer. We hope that our young audience appreciates the capabilities of the Honor Play and support our efforts in making this Crazy Fast & Crazy Smart experience a success in India