Huawei’s Honor brand, after the launch of Honor 9N this week, announced that the Honor Play smartphone will launch in India on August 6th, exclusively on Amazon.in. It was introduced in China last month, packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with a notch and a 89% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 970 10nm processor with 6GB of RAM, NPU as well as GPU Turbo graphics processing acceleration technology that increases graphics processing efficiency of mobile phones for smoother and faster mobile experience, especially for mobile games.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition that can detect over 500 scenes and the 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots. The 16-megapixel front camera uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It has a metal back and packs a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor Play specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel Histen audio
- Dimensions: 157.91×74.27×7.84mm; Weight: 176g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The company will be launching the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version of the smartphone in India. It was launch in China for 2399 yuan (US$ 354 / Rs. 24,360 approx.). We should know the price in India when it is launched next month.