Huawei’s Honor Brand just announced Honor Play, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the Honor series in China, as it had promised. The smartphone has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with a notch and a 89% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 970 10nm processor with up to 6GB of RAM, NPU as well as GPU Turbo graphics processing acceleration technology that increases graphics processing efficiency of mobile phones for smoother and faster mobile experience, especially for mobile games.
It also has 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene that vibrates the phone to intelligent match up to 30 different senses promising more realistic game scene experience. It also offers 7.1-channel 3D Histen audio experience in games.
The phone packs a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition that can detect over 500 scenes and the 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots. The 16-megapixel front camera uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It has a metal back and packs a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor Play specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel Histen audio
- Dimensions: 157.91×74.27×7.84mm; Weight: 176g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Honor Play comes in Black, Blue, Violet and soon in Red color, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 20,960 approx.) for the 4GB RAM version and the 6GB RAM version costs 2399 yuan (US$ 375 / Rs. 25,140 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China from June 11th.