HMD Global has launched Nokia 3.1, successor of last year’s Nokia 3 in India. The Android One smartphone was introduced at an event in Russia back in May, and packs a 5.2-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio, is powered by MediaTek MT6750 SoC with 2GB RAM, runs Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is upgradable to Android P in future, has a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a polycarbonate back and aluminium sides with a dual diamond cut design and packs a 2900mAh battery.
Nokia 3.1 specifications
- 5.2-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750N (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84.6-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7mm; Weight: 138.3 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 2990mAh battery
The Nokia 3.1 comes in Blue/Copper, Black/Chrome and White/Iron colors, is priced at Rs. 10,499 and will be available from retail stores offline as well as Nokia website and Paytm mall online from 21st July. Don’t know why people would choose this when there are several smartphones with better specifications at cheaper rate.
- Consumers buying Nokia 3.1 from a retail outlet by scanning the Paytm Mall QR code will get 10% cashback on recharges and bill payments on Paytm.
- Consumers buying Nokia 3.1 will additionally get two Rs. 250 movie cashback vouchers which can be redeemed against booking minimum two movie tickets via Paytm.
- Consumers using ICICI Bank Credit or Debit Card will get a 5% cashback.
- Idea and Vodafone consumers will get two exciting offers. On a recharge of Rs. 149 pack, they will get 1GB data/day, unlimited calls and 100 SMS/day for 28 days; additionally, consumers upgrading from 2G or 3G phone to the new Nokia 3.1 will get 1GB data/day for 28 days. On a recharge of Rs. 595, consumers will get unlimited calls, 100 SMS/day, 18GB data for 6 months.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head – India, HMD Global, said:
India is one of our top markets and Indian consumers, a top priority for us. We work to constantly enhance the experience on our phones to better suit the everyday needs of our consumers. Every single detail on a Nokia smartphone is designed with consumers in mind, which is why we are delighted to introduce a further refined Nokia 3.1 smartphone that delivers a dramatic step up on performance, continues to drive the most premium design elements and delivers the class-leading quality that you expect from us. We are delighted that we have been able to raise the bar on our most successful model for our consumers.