HMD Global just announced Nokia X5, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘X series’ in China, as it had promised. It comes with a 5.86-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 84% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, which is upgradable to Android P. It features a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portrait shots. There is also an 8-megapixel camera on the front for AI-powered selfie portraits and beauty mode.
It has a glass back, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia X5 specifications
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass 19:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory, 4GB with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5-megapixel rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm; Weight: 160g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh (typcial) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Nokia X5 comes in Black, White and Blue colors, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 148 approx. / Rs. 10,200 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1399 yuan (US$ 208 approx. / Rs. 14,300 approx.). It will be available for order in China starting from July 19th through online retailers Suning, JD.com, Lynx and official Nokia website.