Update 3 – July 17: After postponing the launch event last week due to issue with the venue, HMD Global today confirmed that the launch of new ‘X series’ smartphone in China will take place tomorrow, July 18th at 2PM (11:30 AM IST). We already know the specifications and the design of the smartphone. We will know the price tomorrow.
Update 2 – July 12: HMD Global has postponed the event which was supposed to to take place yesterday. This reason is due to issue with the launch venue. New date will be revealed soon.
Update: Press renders of the Nokia X5 has surfaced ahead of announcement this week. This coincides with the image on TENAA and a recemt poster leak.
Earlier: After rumors, HMD Global has scheduled an event on July 11th where it will introduce a new ‘X series’ Nokia smartphone with full-screen display. This is expected to be the Nokia X5 that got certified by TENAA with model number Nokia TA-1109 last month. It is also rumored to be introduced as Nokia 5.1 Plus in other markets.
Nokia X5 (TA-1109) / 5.1 Plus rumored specifications
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass 19:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory, 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, secondary rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.51×71.98×8mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Nokia X5 is expected to come in Black, Blue and White colors. HMD Global is rumored introduce a new Snapadragon 710-powered smartphone and a Snapdragon 845-powered flagship in Q3 2018, probably at the IFA at the end of August.