Vivo introduced its NEX series smartphones – NEX S and NEX A in China last month. Today the company has sent out invites for the launch of the smartphone in India on July 19th. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 6.59-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with ultra narrow bezels, Screen SoundCasting Technology, and 8-megapixel pop-up front camera that automatically rises and hides when you open and close the camera app.
Vivo NEX A / NEX S (Ultimate) specifications
- 6.59-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.3:9 aspect ratio display, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU (NEX S) / Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU (NEX A)
- 8GB with 256GB / 128GB storage (NEX S), 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage (NEX A)
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP Dual PD rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor (NEX S) / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (NEX A)
- Dimensions: 162×77×7.98m; Weight: 199g
- 3.5mm audio jack, CS43199 + SSM6322 Amplifier (NEX S) / AK4376A DAC (NEX A)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
It is not clear if the company is planning to launch both the NEX S with Snapdragon 845, 8GB RAM and in-display fingerprint scanner and NEX A with Snapdragon 710, 6GB RAM and rear-mounted fingerprint sensor in the country next month. There are priced at 4498 yuan (US$ 702 / Rs. 47,375 approx.) and 3898 yuan (US$ 608 / Rs. 41,055 approx.), respectively in China. We should know the price in India at the launch in a few weeks.