Samsung smartphone with the model number SM-G8850 got certified by TENAA in China last month, later it was said that it would be launched as Galaxy A8 Star. Now the live images and video of the phone has surfaced in China that confirms that the phone will launch as Samsung Galaxy A9 Star / Star Lite.
It looks like a glass back, and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back. The phone is expected to come with a 24-megapixel rear camera along with a 16-megapixel secondary rear camera.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Star could come with Snapdragon 660 and the Galaxy A9 Star Lite could pack Snapdragon 450.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Lite (SM-G8850) rumored specifications
- 6.28-inch FHD+ (1080×2220 pixels) FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU / 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 24MP primary rear camera with LED Flash, 16MP secondary rear camera
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.4×77.0×7.55mm; Weight: 188g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS with GLONASS
- 3700mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Lite is expected to come in Black and White colors, and is expected to go official in early June.