Samsung just sent out invites for the launch of its flagship Galaxy Note8 smartphone in India on September 12th, the same day as the Apple iPhone 8 event. The phone comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Display and comes with 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom and OIS for both.
It has Iris scanner, fingerprint sensor as well as heart rate monitor, similar to the predecessor and is also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings. It also has Bixby assistant that was first introduced with the S8 series and also has a dedicated Bixby hardware button. It also has an improved S Pen stylus with finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity and several new S Pen features.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
The Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Note8 India launch event starts at 12:30PM on September 12th and will be live streamed at news.samsung.com/in/.