After several rumors, Xiaomi has announced Mi Pad 3, successor of Mi Pad 2 that was introduced back in 2015. It has the same 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi as the first two Mi Pad tablets, but the Intel processor has been replaced by MediaTek MT8176 hexa-core processor. It has the same 6.95mm slim unibody metal design as the predecessor and also has an improved 13-megapixel rear camera.
It packs a 6600mAh battery that promises up to 12 hours of video playback and up to 867 hours of standby mode. It also has support for fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 specifications
- 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display at 326 ppi with 4:3 aspect ratio
- MediaTek MT8176 (dual-core 2.1 GHz + quad-core 1.7 GHz) 64bit hexacore processor with 650MHz IMG GX6250 processor
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Android Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- 13MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 200.4×132.6×6.95 mm; Weight: 328 grams
- WiFi 802.11 ac (Dual Band), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C
- 6400mAh (minimum) / 6600mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi MiPad 3 comes in Golden color, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 14120 approx.) and will go on sale in China tomorrow during Mi Fan Festival 2017.