Specifications of the Galaxy S8+ surfaced yesterday, revealing most of the specifications of the phone, including Iris scanner and earphones tuned by AKG, now the specifications of Galaxy S8 has surfaced revealing similar specifications except the 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display, instead of 6.2-inch QHD+ screen on the Galaxy S8+.
It reveals a 5.8-inch (full rectangle) or 5.6-inch (with rounded corners) Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display. Most of the specifications including 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, IP68 ratings water and dust resistance and more were revealed in earlier leaks.
Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored specification
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56830 approx.) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx.) and both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21.
Samsung is reportedly aiming to ship 60 million units for the Galaxy S8 this year.