ARCHOS has introduced 101 Saphir, its first rugged 2-in-1
tablet with a keyboard targeted at hikers, riders an outdoor workers ahead of MWC 2017. The rugged casing on the tablet can survive drops (up to 1 meter), dust and water splashes, as per the IP54 ratings. It has a 10.1-inch IPS HD screen, is powered by a quad-core Mediatek MT8163 processor, has 1GB of RAM, comes with front and rear cameras and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
It has dual stereo speakers, as well as USB Type C and micro HDMI slots.
ARCHOS 101 Saphir specifications
- 10.1-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) IPS display
- 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8163 processor with Mali T720 MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GBwith microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 5MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Water, dust (IP54) and drop resistant
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 181×265.4×13.4mm; Weight: 600g
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro HDMI, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery
The ARCHOS 101 Saphir will be showcased at ARCHOS’s booth at MWC 2017 (Hall 6, Booth #B60). Price will be revealed when the tablet is launched in June 2017.