Vivo just launched V5, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone in the ‘V series’ in India. It is the first smartphone to come with a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens. It also has ‘Moonlight Glow’ that induces a natural glow on the face that lights up the picture irrespective of the lighting conditions. Vivo says that this allows users to take perfect selfies in diverse lighting conditions.
It has a unibody metal design, 5.5-inch HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 2.6 and has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash.
It also has a fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and custom AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip for the best audio with signal-to- noise ratio of up to 115dB.
Vivo V5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 2.6 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 20MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 153.8 x 75.5 x 7.55mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh battery
The Vivo V5 comes in Crown Gold and Space Gray colors, is priced at Rs. 17,980 and will be available for pre-order from November 16th to 25th and goes on sale from November 26th.