Samsung just announced On7 (2016) successor of last year’s Galaxy On7 smartphone in China. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm SoC and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Samsung’s own UI on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button for unlocking and mobile payments using Alipay.
It is 8mm thick and has a full metal unibody design.
Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GBGB Internal Storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via micro SD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75 x 8mm; Weight: 167g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.2, GPS
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) comes in Gold, Pink Gold and Black colors, is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 240 / Rs. 16,035) and is already available for order China. Samsung has also teased the Galaxy On5 (2016) with Snapdragon 617, but no details about the pricing or availablility details for it yet.