Sony just announced Xperia XZ, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at the IFA 2016 in Berlin. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a fingerprint sensor on the power button, packs a 23-megapixel rear camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus that lets you choose your subject and then predicts its motion, so you can capture the action in perfect focus, free from blur and 13-megapixel front-facing camera with 22mm wide-angle lens, similar to the Xperia X.
It is also water resistant with IP65/IP68 ratings and also has a dedicated camera shutter button.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB (Dual SIM) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Sony Xperia XZ comes in Forest Blue, Mineral Black and Platinum colors and will roll out globally from October 2016 in single and dual SIM variants. No word on the pricing yet.