OPPO has launched F1s, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone in India. The main highlight of the smartphone is the 16-megapixel front-facing camera with 1/3.1-inch sensor and f/2.0 aperture. It also has Beautify 4.0 and several filters. It has a 5.5-inch HD display and is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor, but it runs on outdated Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS with ColorOS 3.0 on top.
It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1/3.06-inch sensor and f/2.2 aperture. There is a fingerprint sensor on the front that can unlock the phone in just 0.22 seconds. The fingerprint sensor can also be used to launch apps quickly. It also has dedicated dual nano SIM slots and a separate microSD expansion slot.
OPPO F1s specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.5 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with ColorOS 3.0
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with 5P lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 76 x 7.38mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3075mAh battery
The OPPO F1s comes in Gold and Grey colors and is priced at Rs. 17,990. It will be available for pre-order from August 4th till August 10th and will go on sale in stores across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Bhopal, Ludhiana, Gurgaon, Vijaywada, Hyderabad, Ghaziabad and Ahmedabad from August 11th. It will also be exclusively available through Amazon online.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, OPPO Global VP, MD of International Mobile Business and President of OPPO India, said:
Being a priority market for OPPO, we understand Indian consumer’s demand for excellent camera quality and the ongoing selfie craze. OPPO has a rich experience in camera technology and has been the industry leader with several accolades and awards to its credit. And today we are carrying this legacy forward and stepping up the selfie revolution, by launching the upgraded Selfie Expert – F1s to share advanced photography technology with an even wider range of users in India and also offer them an outstanding photographic experience.