Huawei’s Honor just announced Honor 8, the company’s latest high-end smartphone in China. It packs a 5.2-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 SoC with i5 co-processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. The main highlight of the smartphone are the dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with laser auto focus and 1.76-micron pixel size promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions, similar to the Honor V8 that was introduced back in May.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has 7.45mm slim body with metal frame with glass back and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Huawei honor 8 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) 16nm processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.4um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm;Weight: 153g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The honor 8 comes in Pearl White, Sunrise Gold, Midnight Black, Sakura Pink and Sapphire Blue colors and is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 299 / Rs. 20050 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage full version netcom / carrier edition, 2299 yuan (US$ 343 / Rs. 23,050 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage entire network version and 2499 yuan (US$ 374 / Rs. 25,070 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage entire network version. It is now available for order in China and will go on sale from July 19th.