OPPO today announced its new VOOC Super Flash Charge technology at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona. It can charge a device with a 2500mAh battery to 45% in just five minutes, offering 10 hours of talk time and fully charge it in just 15 minutes. “It is achieved by applying a newly developed low-voltage pulse-charge algorithm, along with OPPO’s customized battery, multiple technical innovations, as well as first-class hardware and software,” said OPPO.
The newly innovated low-voltage pulse-charge system, coupled with OPPO’s customized battery, dynamically regulates the current, ensuring a safe, sustainable charging experience and preventing overheating. OPPO also has a new Super VOOC Flash Charge adapter, new cable and a connector with premium and extremely reliable military-grade materials. It supports Micro-USB and USB Type-C.
VOOC Flash Charge’s Technical Principle
- Adds an intelligent MCU chip (flash core) in the adapter in order to achieve revolutionary voltage open-loop and multi-stage, constant-current charging.
- Creatively changes circuit topologies, meanwhile creates an all-side, five-level protection technique from the adapter to the interface as well as the device, securing the safety as well as the speed.
Low Voltage VOOC Flash Charge Advantages
- VOOC charging voltage is in line with the standard smartphone charging voltage of 5V.
- Power can be directly transmitted to the battery without any voltage conversion, allowing the process to attain a charging efficiency of up to 97%.
- Difference in charging mechanism and efficiency, the temperature of a smartphone using VOOC Flash Charge remains significantly lower during the charging process than a phone using a high-voltage solution.
- VOOC Flash Charge-enabled devices will heat up by a maximum of only 3.3. degrees Celsius
- Lets you Flash Charge you smartphone and safely use it during the charging process.