Samsung just announced its flagship Galaxy S7 edge smartphone at its Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in Barcelona. It has a 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 535 PPI Super AMOLED always-on display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor depending on the market, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Dual pixel rear camera promises brighter and sharper images, even in low light.
It has 3D glass and metal design and IP68 ratings water and dust resistance. It also has internal cooling system that keeps the device from overheating. It has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second slot as a expansion slot when required.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge specifications
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 534 PPI Super AMOLED always-on curved edge display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor / Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad) processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3600mAh battery, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge comes in Black Onyx, Gold Platinum, White Pearl and Silver Titanium colors and will be available starting March 11th, 2016. Samsung is offering a free Gear VR headset with the pre-orders in select countries.