After Samsung requested to trademark the term ‘Always On Mode‘ at USTPO, likely for the upcoming Galaxy S7 and S7 edge smartphones, LG today confirmed that the company’s flagship G5 smartphone that will be introduced later this month with have an Always On display. LG shared a GIF along with the caption Never go asleep while others do.The GIF shows several smartphones gradually growing dark, until the silhouette of the LG G5 appears with the time and date of LG’s press conference at MWC 2016.
It also shows the notification icons below the date, similar to LG V10‘s second screen. Finally, the ‘Always On’ text and LG G5 logo appear. According to earlier rumors, the LG G5 is said to sport a secondary ticker display that was seen on the V10 and a “magic slot” that could enable some functional expansion using modules.
LG G5 rumored Specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD display, secondary ticker display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual 16MP rear cameras,135-degree wide-angle capture, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (APT-x) , GPS
- 2800mAh (removable) battery
The LG G5 announcement is set for February 21st, Sunday and starts at 14:00 CET (6:30 PM IST).