Samsung introduced 2016 edition of the Galaxy A series smartphones – Galaxy A7, Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A3 earlier this month. Now Samsung has teased the upcoming Galaxy A9 (SM-A9000) on weibo (Via). This reveals that the smartphone will pack a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 620 processor, run Android 5.1 (Lollipop), come with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
The smartphone will also come with a fingerprint sensor on the bottom button, similar to the Galaxy A5 (2016) and A7 (2016), come with 4G LTE support and pack a 4000mAh battery with fast charging capability.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2016) specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Snapdragon 620 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expanded upto 128GB via micro SD card
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera, OIS (F1.9), LED flash
- 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v 4.1, ANT+, NFC
- 4000mAh battery, Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 (2016) comes in White, Gold and Pink colors and is expected to go on sale in China later this month.