[Update 2: We have heard from our sources that Xiaomi is not expected to launch the Redmi Note 2 Prime next week, and a new device is launching.]
[Update: Xiaomi has announced that they will launch a secret new product on December 15.]
Xiaomi is all set to launch its Redmi Note 2 Prime smartphone in India soon, reveals Amazon.in teaser, which says that #PrimeIsComing. Even though the teaser doesn’t reveal the smartphone, the image of the smartphone resembles the Note 2 Prime. Looks like the Ericsson patent issue is going to be settled soon or the smartphone might come with a different processor. We will have to wait for the launch to find out. Amazon says that it will reveal more details about the smartphone everyday.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with 178-degree wide viewing angle
- 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, Samsung / OmniVision Sensor, 5p lens, f/2.2 aperture, 78-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, OmniVision sensor, 1.4-micron pixel, 720p video recording
- Dimensions: 152mm x 76mm x 8.25mm; Weight: 160g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n ( 2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 3060mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime comes in Dark Grey, White, Blue, Bright Yellow and Pink colors, but it is not clear if the company plans to bring all the colors to India at the launch. We will also wait for the pricing for India, which will be revealed at the launch soon. We unboxed Redmi Note 2 few months back, check out the video below.