Samsung has introduced the most rumored Galaxy J3 (SM-J3109Z) smartphone finally in China. It packs a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, compared to 4.7-inch qHD AMOLED screen on the Galaxy J2 that was launched in India in September. It is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS with Samsung’s own UI on top, comes with a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has 4G LTE connectivity with support for FDD LTE Bands – B1, B3, B7 and TDD LTE band B41 for China. It is expected to come in dual SIM variant as well, depending on the market.
Samsung Galaxy J3 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 Pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 142.3 x 71x 7.9mm; Weight: 138g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2600mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy J3 comes in White, Black and Golden colors, but there are no details about the pricing or roll out details yet.