Sony just teased the launch of Sony Xperia M5 smartphone in India tomorrow, September 9th. It was announced last month and packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by MediaTek Helio X10 Octa-Core SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 21.5-megapixel rear camera with 0.25-second Hybrid Autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording and a 13-megapixel front-facing camera.
The Hybrid Autofocus uses Phase detection AF (PDAF) that promises faster shutter speed response and Contrast detection AF for crisp and clear photos. It is also water and dust-proof (IP65/IP68) and comes with 4G LTE support.
Sony Xperia M5 / Xperia M5 Dual specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (Only in Xperia M5 Dual)
- 21.5MP rear camera with IMX230 Exmor RS sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Hybrid AF, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera, Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- Water and Dust Protection (IP65/68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2600mAh battery with STAMINA mode
Sony is expected to launch the Xperia M5 Dual in India, similar to the Xperia C5 Ultra Dual that was launched in the country recently for Rs. 29,990. We should know the price of the smartphone tomorrow.