Xiaomi introduced the Redmi 2A smartphone back in March, today the company launched a 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant of the smartphone in China. Other specifications of the smartphone are similar, including 4.7-inch HD screen, 1.5GHz quad-core Leadcore L1860C processor, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, Dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity. It runs on MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) out of the box and will get the stable MIUI 7 update in future.
Xiaomi Redmi 2A specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core LCI L1860C processor with Mali T628 dual-core GPU
- 1GB / 2GB RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI 6 on top of Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- Dimensions: 134 x 67.2 x 9.4mm; Weight: 132g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi 2 Prime, an enhanced variant of the Redmi 2 with a similar 2GB RAM and 16GB storage configuration in India for Rs. 6,999. The new Redmi 2A variant is available in White, Dark gray, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colors and is priced at 549 Yuan (US$86 / Rs. 5,745) in China. No word on the global roll out of the smartphone.