Gionee has launched Marathon M4 smartphone in the Marathon series with a 5000mAh battery in India. It packs a 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.0. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with 4G support on both, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India. It has USB OTG support and lets you charge other smartphones easily with the bundled OTG cable. The company announced Marathon M5 with a 6020mAh battery in June.
Gionee Marathon M4 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.0
- Dual SIM with Dual Standby
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 144.7×71.2×10.18mm; Weight: 176g
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 5000 mAh battery with up to 440h standby and up to 50h talk time
The Gionee Marathon M4 comes in White and Black colors and is priced at Rs. 15,499 in India.
Commenting on the launch, Timir Baran Acharyya, GM, Gionee India said:
Marathon M4 is a result of Gionee’s consistent understanding of the rising demand for a device that not just looks great on the specs sheet, but also demonstrates an impeccable performance.Consumers today love to be connected on the go and are always on the lookout for powerful devices and M4 answers exactly that. With an exceptional battery life and powerful multimedia experience, M4 is sure to set the bar a notch higher.