Live images of Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A8000) surfaced last week, now the smartphone has been certified by TENAA (via) in China. It confirms most of the specifications of the smartphone and also reveals that it will have a 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, and not a 5.5-inch display as rumored earlier. This confirms that the smartphone will be just 5.94mm thick, making it the thinnest Samsung smartphone till date.
Earlier rumors said that the smartphone will also come with a fingerprint sensor on the home button. This doesn’t reveal the battery capacity, but earlier rumors said that it will come with a 3000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A8 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (1.5GHz Quad A53 + 1.0 GHz Quad A53 ) with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 158 × 76.77 × 5.94mm; Weight: 142 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Since the smartphone has received certification in China, we can expect it go official in coming weeks.