Samsung has officially announced Galaxy Tab E in the new E series, after several leaks. It has a 9.6-inch WXGA display, is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera without flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. Samsung has announced only the WiFi version of the tablet now, but the 3G variant is expected soon.
The back cover has leather-like textured finish that would offer a better grip.
Samsung Galaxy Tab E specifications
- 9.6-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) WXGA TFT display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD (up to 128GB)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP Auto Focus rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 241.9 x 149.5 x 8.5; Weight: 490g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB
- 5000mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E comes in White color and is priced at NT$ 6,990 ( US$ 226 / Rs. 14,487 approx.). It will go on sale in Taiwan later this month and is expected launch in other markets soon.