Oppo has launched Neo 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the Neo series. It is a new version of the Neo 5 that was introduced last week. It has a 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA IPS display, is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and Android 4.4 (KitKat) based on ColorOS 2.0.1. It has a 8-megapixel camera with BSI sensor, LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a glass back.
Oppo Neo 5 (2015) specifications
- 4.5-inch (854 ×480 pixels) FWVGA IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor with Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory, Expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) based on ColorOS 2.0.1
- 8MP Auto Focus rear Camera with Sony IMX179 1/3.2″ sensor, f/2.2 large aperture, 5P lens and LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 131.9×65.5×8.0mm; Weight: 135g
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
The new Oppo Neo 5 comes in Crystal White and Sapphire Blue colors and is priced at Rs. 9,990 in India.
Commenting on the new launch, Tom Lu, CEO, OPPO Mobiles India said,
Apart from urban India, OPPO is focusing on rural markets as well as Indian market’s major population lies in rural areas which are a huge market in itself. OPPO Neo 5(2015) will target consumers who expect superior specifications at decent pricing. Out target is to reach out and cater to each segment in the market. We are excited to introduce Neo 5 for our young and energetic customers, a Smartphone series which has generated great response in the past.