Samsung has launched the Galaxy S6, the company’s flagship smartphone at an event in New Delhi, as promised. The Galaxy S6 was unveiled at the MWC earlier this month, packs a 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED display, is powered by a Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos processor, runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop), has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Samsung Galaxy S6 specifications
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) 577 PPI Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos processor
- 3GB RAM, 32/64/128GB internal memory
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS,
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm; Weight: 138g
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 4.0, Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 2,550mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S6 comes in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Blue Topaz colors and is priced at Rs.49,900 for the 32GB variant, Rs. 55,900 for the 64GB variant and the 128GB variant costs Rs.s 60,900. It goes on sale across India from April 10th. Samsung is offering one time screen replacement for pre-book orders. We went hands-on with the Galaxy S6 at the MWC, check out the video below.