The success of Playstation, and more recently PlayStation Portable (PSP) is well known. For a long time, Sony let the rumours float around of its work on a PSP phone.
The wait is over. What we get is a new line of Gaming Phones from Sony stable. Sony Ericcson F305 was announced on June 17th in Singapore. And comes a new era in the field of Mobile gaming.
What we get is a mobile phone, which not only has Playstation-kind-of dedicated keys for serious gamers, but also puts Sony in the big league of Motion Detection technology. The phone features advanced sensor detection, just like Nintendo Wii gaming console.
F305 includes all what is expected of a mobile phone. 2.0 megapixel camera, stereo speakers, memory stick and EDGE. Why has it not been equipped with 3G or wifi capabilities for multiplayer gaming is still a debatable topic, but we neverthless get a decent gaming machine.
To let all the worries about battery life be put to rest forever, F305 includes a new accessory. Although it gives you up to 8 hours of gameplay, there is always now a back-up with the Power Pack CPP-100. Attach it to your keyring and when you need it, simply plug it into the phone to receive an instant battery power boost.
Among the key features of the mobile phone are:
• Motion Gaming with three preloaded motion games, “Bowling”, “Bass fishing” and “Jockey” – encounter gaming in a completely new way
• Additional motion games developed by Gameloft™ plus 50 more 2D and 3D games available for download at PlayNow.
• Loud stereo speakers– enhance your gaming experience or share the latest music with friends
• Horizontal game play and dedicated gaming keys – play games the way you want
• 2.0 megapixel camera and Bluetooth™ – a complete media experience
• Expandable memory – Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) slot.
The phone will be launched on Q3 2008 in selected markets.