HTC has unveiled the Desire 820, the company’s latest phablet at the IFA 2014 as expected. It has the 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, similar to the Desire 816, but this is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) and has Adreno 405 GPU. It runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with HTC Sense 6 UI on top, and it will be supported by the upcoming release of Android L.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers and comes in single SIM and dual SIM variants depending on the market. It also has Cat 4 LTE connectivity up to 150Mbps.
HTC Desire 820 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android L
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 820 comes in Marble White (glossy), Tuxedo Grey (matte), Santorini White (glossy), Milky-way Grey (glossy), Tangerine White (glossy), Saffron Grey (glossy), Flamingo Grey (glossy), Blue Mist (glossy), and Monarch Orange (glossy) colors. HTC will also sell Dot View covers for the smartphone separately. It will roll out globally starting from this September.