Sony has unveiled the SmartBand Talk SWR30, the company’s latest wearable wristband at the IFA 2014. It has a 1.4-inch e-paper display to view notifications from your smartphone, get time and monitor Lifelog activities. It also has built-in microphone and speaker so that you can talk into it and hear your caller when connected to a smartphone.
It has a built-in accelerometer and altimeter to measure your physical activity such as walking, running or climbing. It has Bluetooth and NFC support for connecting with your smartphone and is waterproof with IP68 ratings.
Sony SmartBand Talk SWR30 specifications
- 1.4-inch (296×128 pixels) Curved always-on E Ink display
- ARM Cortex-M4 32-bit processor
- IP68 Certified for Waterproof
- Weight: 12 grams for module, 24 grams with wrist band
- Microphone, Wideband speech / speaker, Vibrator
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Accelerometer, Altimeter
- 65 mAh battery with up to 1 hour talk time and up to 3 days standby
The Sony SmartBand Talk comes in Black and White colors with wrist bands in Black, white, red, blue, pink and lime colors. It would go on sale globally from this Autumn.