Sony has announced the SmartWatch 3 SWR50, the company’s first smartwatch powered by Android Wear. It has a 1.6-inch (320 x 320 pixels) TFT LCD capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and offers notification for messages, calls and more when connected to the smartphone over Bluetooth.
It has a built-in microphone for sending “Ok Google” commands, and comes with Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro and GPS sensor so that you can use it for collecting fitness data. It is waterproof with IP68 ratings and charges via a standard microUSB port. It uses Lifelog app to set and achieve goals, bookmark memorable moments, and revisit memories any time.
Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 specifications
- 1.6-inch (320 x 320 pixels) TFT LCD capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 4GB internal memory, 512MB RAM
- Android Wear platform
- IP68 Certified for Waterproof
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro
- 420 mAh battery with up to 2 days on typical usage and up to 4 days standby
The Sony SmartWatch 3 comes in Classic Black and Sport Lime colors. Extra straps in Pink and White would be available after launch. It will go on sale later in Autumn 2014, but still no word on pricing.