Instagram has launched Hyperlapse, a new app to capture high-quality time lapse videos even while in motion. It uses built-in stabilization technology to capture time lapses when you are just holding the device in your hand. You can choose playback speed between 1x-12x. The app doesn’t require you to create an instagram account.
Currently Hyperlapse is available for iOS devices (iPhone 4 and up, iPad and 5th generation iPod Touch). You can save it on Instagram and also save a video in your device’s camera roll. You can’t edit or add filters to your video within the Hyperlapse app like Instagram. You can shoot a video for up to 10 minutes on iPhone 4, or up to 45 minutes on iPhone 5.
Features of Hyperlapse from Instagram for iPhone and iPad
- Shoot handheld time lapse videos in motion— while you’re walking, running, jumping or falling.
- Smooth out your video for cinematic quality with automatic stabilization.
- Speed up your hyperlapse to be up to 12 times the speed.
- Share your videos seamlessly on Instagram and Facebook or save them to your camera roll to share anywhere, anytime.
- Start filming immediately with a simple design that gets out of the way of your creativity
- Download and start capturing. No sign up or account required.
Download Instagram for iPhone and iPad (iOS 7 and later)