Xiaomi launched the Redmi 1S, a budget smartphone in India at the Mi 3 launch event last month, today at the Delhi event the company has announced that it would go on sale at Rs. 5999 on Flipkart starting September 2nd. It would be a flash sale similar to the Mi 3, and the registrations for the sale would begin starting today, August 26th at 6PM. This is Rs. 1,000 cheaper than the price Xiaomi announced last month, just like it did for the Mi3.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S packs a 4.7-inch HD IPS display, powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) based MIUI ROM. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash f/2.2 aperture and a 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Dragontrail glass protection
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 64GB
- MIUI v5 on top of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4ųm sensor, 1080p video recording
- 1.6MP front-facing camera
- Hi-Fi System with Dirac sound
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2000 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S would be available in grey color, but a range of colorful back covers would be available separately for Rs. 469. It would also sell screen protectors for Rs.179, silica gel covers at Rs. 359 and flip covers at Rs. 559.