After teasing the next iteration of the Modern Combat for over an year, Gameloft has finally announced that it would launch the Modern Combat 5: Blackout on July 24th. Recently Gamelof announced that the game would have a unified game progression for both single and multiplayer games and four soldier classes. It also revealed the teaser trailer of the game ahead of E3 2014. This would bring innovative new features and mechanics.
Highlights of Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Four character classes: Assault, Sniper, Heavy, and Recon, each with their own set of skills to upgrade.
- Unified progression system: One character across both multiplayer and single player missions. Each mission or multiplayer match earns XP that goes towards levelling-up your class and mastering your weapons.
- Spec-Ops Missions: Short, fun, and objective based. Objectives such as covering your allies, clearing a building, eliminating a single target, and many more!
- New Single player features: Manually control your sniper rounds in-flight, scouting enemies behind cover with a scanning drone, and reviving downed team members! “MEDIC!”
- New Squad vs Squad multiplayer: MC5 will let players party up with friends (or your dream team of friendly randoms!) to battle other squads from all over the world.
- Multiplayer matches of up to 6 v 6: More players, more mayhem! I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.
- Two Kill streak packages with 6 different abilities: Airstrike, Bomber, Assistant drone, Auto-turret, EMP, and Recon Helicopter.
- Global and Squad chat: Discuss tactics with your squad, or just keep up with your friends around the world!
- Highly Improved Graphics: Real-time shadows, Ragdoll physics, SSAO (‘Screen space ambient occlusion’ for all you techy people!), Soft particles, Spherical harmonics, and many more improvements.
The Modern Combat 5: Blackout would cost £4.99 / US$ 6.99, similar to the Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, but it would not include in-app purchases like the Modern Combat 4. It would be available for both Android and iOS platforms on July 24th.