Oppo has launched the Oppo R1 in India. It was announced back in December last year and went on sale in India online recently. It has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection, powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor and runs on Color OS based on Android 4.2. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with Fujitsu sensor, f/2.0 aperture and LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
The phone is just 7.1mm thick and weighs 140 grams. It has a unique design with gold rim on the sides and has a glass back. It packs a 2410 mAh battery and comes with dual (micro) SIM support. It has Dirac HD audio technology with customized acoustic optimization for headphones and second-gen Smart PA amplifier.
Oppo R1 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display at 294 ppi with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Color OS
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor and f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, 80 degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 7.1mm thick and weighs 140 grams
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2410 mAh battery
The Oppo R1 comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 26990. Oppo recently reduced the price of the Oppo N1 to Rs. 37,990, from the launch price of Rs. 39,999. Earlier this month Oppo announced that it would launch the Find 7 in India by mid-2014 and would expand their smartphone portfolio in the country to 10 by December. We went hands-on with the Oppo R1 at the MWC 2014 few months back, check out the hands-on video below.