Huawei has unveiled the Ascend Y600, the latest smartphone in the Y Series. It has a 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA display, powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek (MT6572) processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with Huawei’s own Emotion UI on top. It has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera.
Huawei Ascend Y530 that was unveiled earlier this year had a 4.5-inch FWVGA screen, powered by a Snapdragon 200 processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It is not clear why Huawei has switched to MediaTek CPU for the Y600 since both come under Y series. Also the 5-megapixel rear camera lacks LED flash. Looking at the specification, it is likely to be be priced affordably.
Huawei Ascend Y600 specifications
- 5-inch (854 ×480 pixels) FWVGA capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Emotion UI
- 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek (MT6572) processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 5MP rear Camera
- 0.3MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 144.5 x 74.5 x 10.8 mm; Weight: 180 grams
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, Expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- 2100 mAh battery
The Huawei Ascend Y600 comes in Black and White colors. No word on pricing or availability yet.