Nokia launched the Lumia 520 in India last week. Online retailer Flipkart has put up the device for pre-order at a price tag of Rs. 10,499. It wasunveiled at the Mobile World Congress in 2013 in Barcelona last month, and appeared on the Nokia India Shop online portal earlier this month, which still says ‘coming soon’ without any price tag. It has a 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display with 2D hardened glass, and is super sensitive touch for finger nail and glove use. It is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8227 processor and runs on the latest Windows Phone 8 OS.
Nokia Lumia 520 Specifications
- 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 5MP Auto Focus camera with 720p HD video recording
- 9.9 mm thick and weighs 124g
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal memory, up to 64GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS / aGPS
- 1430mAh battery with up to 9.6 hours talk time and up to 360 hours standby
The Nokia Lumia 520 comes in Yellow, Red, Cyan, White and Black colors. It is expected to ship in the 2nd week of April. This might not be the final price of the device, since the Nokia Lumia 620 went on sale in India less than it’s pre-order price. Check out our Lumia 520 hands-on if you are planning to get one.
[Update: The Nokia Lumia 520 is also on pre-order from the official Nokia Shop for Rs. 10,499.]