FoneArena is live from Barcelona for the MWC 2014 and today, we are Sony’s booth where they have just announced their next flagship – Sony Xperia Z2 and a successor to the original Sony Xperia Z tablet in the form of Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. The original Sony Xperia Tablet Z wasn’t a popular choice for the tablet, but expects that to change with the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. We go hands on with the device and you can check out a few photos from the device right below.
Here is a quick First look video right below.
As you can see, the design language hasn’t changed much from the original Xperia Tablet Z and it retains the same huge bezels on all four sides.
You can check out our quick hands on video right below
The back too hasn’t seen much change and comes with the same matte finish back. There is a camera right on the top left corner. The specifications of this tablet are as follows
- 10.1-inch Full HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Dimensions: 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm; Weight: 426g Wifi, 439g LTE
- Dust and water resistant (P55/IP58)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 8 MP rear camera with Exmor R for mobile sensor
- 2.2MP 1080p front-facing camera
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- LTE / 3G HSPA+ (Optional), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL 3.0, GPS / GLONASS and NFC
- 6000 mAh battery
You can check out more photos of the device right below.
The device is expected to go on sale from March 2014.