The Samsung ACE or the SPH-i325 is now officially available on Sprint.The coolest thing about this phone is the support for both CDMA and GSM on a single phone. It has native CDMA support and also an unlocked GSM SIM Card slot .. see pic below..
This means that you can use the phone both in Americas and outside also if you travel to other countries. It has Dual band GSM .
Regarding the features .. Its a Windows Mobile 6.1 powered device with a QWERTY keypad and looks similar to the Samsung BlackJack on AT&T
In addition to its international capabilities, the Samsung Ace(TM) offers an impressive feature set, including:
* Slim, light form factor with a full QWERTY keyboard – The Samsung Ace(TM) measures 4.65″ x 2.32″ x 0.46″ and weighs just under four ounces
* Large 2.3″ TFT color display – perfect for viewing live and on-demand channels available through Sprint TV, as well as up-to-date information with On-Demand.
* Slide Click Wheel – Experience easy navigation between a multitude of applications
* Stereo Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology – Enjoy the convenience and versatility of hands free communication by pairing the Samsung Ace(TM) with headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
* External Memory – The Samsung Ace(TM) supports up to 2GB MicroSD card for storing music, videos and pictures.
* 1.3 Megapixel Digital Camera and Camcorder – Capture quality images with integrated digital camera and zoom. Shoot video clips to share with family and friends.
* View Documents – The Samsung ACE(TM) allows customers to view documents and files on the phone with Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
“Samsung is thrilled to be working with Sprint and Microsoft to bring this powerful and comprehensive networking device to our loyal customers in the U.S. to use in the States and around the world,” said Bill Ogle, Chief Marketing Officer at Samsung Mobile. “The Ace is what Sprint and Samsung customers have been waiting for, a smart, sleek device that can deliver unlimited connectivity anywhere in the world.”
The Samsung ACE is available today in business sales channels, online at www.sprint.com and through telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and $100 mail-in-rebate. The device will be available in Sprint retail stores beginning in March.