Asus has launched the Fonepad 7, the company’s latest tablet in India. It was announced as the successor of the Fonepad at the IFA 2013 in Berlin last month and packs a 7-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) IPS display with new smudge-resistant coating to prevent fingerprints, runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) and is powered by a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor with Hyper-Threading technology. It has a 5-megapixel rear camera with 1080p full HD video recording and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera.
It has metallic finish, comes with 3G HSPA+ 3G with up to 42Mbit/s download speeds with voice calling features and has dual-front speakers with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology. It has customized user interface that integrates social media information, SuperNote app to add notes with images, videos, and voice memos and Floating App for easy multi-tasking.
Asus Fonepad 7 specifications
- 7-inch (1280 x 800) HD LED Backlit IPS display with 10 finger multi-touch
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor with 400MHz PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 5MP rear camera with 1080p Full HD video recording
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with 720p Video Recording
- 10.5mm thick and weighs 340g
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
- 3G (HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 3950mAh battery with up to 28 hours of 3G talk time and up to 35 days of standby
The Asus Fonepad 7 is priced at Rs. 17,499. Check out the Asus Fonepad 7 Hands-on from the IFA 2013.